Brooke Hanes - Intern
1. What is your role/position with IDES?
I am one of the interns for IDES this summer. As an intern, I will be focusing on learning about all of the different roles within IDES and helping with whatever tasks the staff needs. I will also be representing IDES at VBS and church camps.
2. What is the number one reason you enjoy working for IDES?
So far, I love learning about all of the different project that IDES has going on because those projects are affecting people's lives in a positive way every day.
3. What is one “fun-fact” about yourself aside from work?
I'm a student at Indiana University majoring in Nonprofit Management, so I'm super excited to be interning here and learning about all of the ins and outs of a non-profit.
4. What is one thing you like to do in your free time?
I like to bake all sorts of different things. I always love to try out new recipes and see how they turn out.
5. What is one passage in Scripture that has impacted your life?
Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” This is a simple verse, but there’s so much to it when you take time to read it. I’m blown away by the love God has for us and what he was willing to do to have relationships with us.